1. True; timely: What good does it do, rather than serving some individual's self - interest, to avoid making true statements, and doing so, constantly? While many politicians have done this, President Donald Trump, according to political fact - checkers, averaged approximately, six lies, per day, since elected. In the past, when they were caught, in - a - lie, a politician would make some attempt at correcting the statement, or, at least, not repeating it, but Mr. Trump, generally, doubles - down, on his lies, proclaiming, others are using fake - facts, and he, is the only purveyor of the truth! The amazing part, is, his core supporters, continue believing, and trusting him, despite this, and the result is, a level of negativity, and polarization, as we have not witnessed, in our lifetimes. In addition, his slogan, Make America Great Again, appears to focus, on some rose - colored memory of the past, rather than looking ahead, in a relevant, sustainable manner!
2. Relevant; realistic; rationale/ reasoning: If an idea fails to be realistic, it can never be truthful! We need elected officials, to escape their personal comfort zones, and the same - old, same - old reasoning, and propose, relevant, sustainable, viable solutions! Voters must closely examine, with an open - mind, one's rationale, and reasoning, to be certain, it focuses on actual solutions, instead of promises, rhetoric, and/ or vitriol!
3. Useful: If ideas are not useful, and usable, because they are not, either, realistic, relevant, sustainable, or viable, how can the individual, serve and represent constituents, as needed and necessary?
4. Trends: Times change, and evolve, and we need to elect leaders, willing to, objectively, discover, learn and understand trends, and make the best choices!
5. Healing; head/ heard: If someone focuses on being adversarial, and polarizing, rather than unifying and healing, constituents will suffer, in the long - term! A quality leader must apply, the finest combination of logic, and emotion, in a head/ heart balance!
Americans must open - their - eyes, and elect candidates, who tell the TRUTH, even when it isn't that pleasant! If we are to hand future generations, a sustainable world, we must do so, as soon as possible!