Consumption of fast food, deep fried snacks results in the accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries that led to fatal health issues like heart attack and strokes. These calorie-rich foods also have a significant contribution to the nation's increasing rate of obesity. Besides consulting a physician or shedding sweat in the gym it is equally important to include a healthy diet and maintain a systematic lifestyle.
Intake of cold water fishes like salmon, herring, and sardines rich in Omega3 fatty acids helps in eliminating LDL- low- density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) and oil extracted from fish is considered as one of the potent sources of omega3 fatty acids. Markets are flooded with many omega3 supplements but it is always beneficial to extract from the natural sources.
Fish oil offers a wide range of benefits to many health ailments which have been clinically proven. Consumption of the oil derived from fish's liver helps in getting rid of depression, tension, arthritis, weight loss and many more. Let's talk about some proven health benefits of the oil.
• Lower heart risks: The oil is considered as the best caretaker of the heart. The Omega3 fatty acids help in combating the bad cholesterol which higher the risk of heart attacks and related disease and also help in maintaining the normal heart rate.
• Fights cancer: Being a rich source of long-chain omega3 fatty acids, fish oil has the potential to blunt the production of Cox- 2 derived prostanoids in cancer cells. The two components of fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) plays a valuable role in cancer treatment.
• Treats Alzheimer's: From various studies, it has been proved that the fatty acid in the oil is essential for proper brain functioning and its long-term consumption by the adults may prevent brain shrinkage.
• Anxiety: Oil from fish is considered as an essential food for the healthy brain development during the growth period of a human being because providing fish to the kids at this stage will keep them away from stress and anxiety.
• Depression: To get rid of depression and mood disorders oil extracted from fish works as a magic wand. This oil can fight depression and effectively improves emotional well being.
• Fertility & pregnancy: Research proves that mothers who included liver oil of the fish in their diet during pregnancy gave birth to the children with great problem-solving skills in addition with good hair and skin.
• Fight Diabetes: New research suggests that oil derived from fish is capable of reducing the risk of diabetes by reducing oxidative stress which plays a crucial role in the development of diabetes. That is why this oil is now prescribed in the diabetic diet plan.
• Good for eyes: Dry eyes are the most common problem today and the omega3 in the fish oil helps in producing oil in the meibomian gland in the eyelids which floats across the eye keeping the eye moisturize with the tears and prevents it from getting evaporated.
• Good skin and hair: The fatty acid in the oil extracted from fish nourishes the skin and keeps the skin smooth with an elastic texture. The fatty acids contain EPA and DHA which prevents conditions like dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis and is a much essential component in keeping the skin and hair moisturized.
• Weight Loss: Fish oil can magically help to get rid of obesity. The omega3 help in fat oxidation by breaking down the fat molecules into fatty acids and triglycerides thereby mobilizing the fat and also helps in building muscles.
• Improves immune system: Omega3 in the oil helps in enhancing the functioning of the immune cells. Salmon is the ideal fish whose oil and astaxanthin works as the ultimate immune boosting health food.
• Inflammation: The process of fighting infection and healing injuries by our immune system is inflammation. Oil from fish contains anti-inflammatory properties that treat chronic inflammation.
• Fight bone disease: The omega3fatty acids contain in the oil of fishes like sardine, tuna, salmon helps in bone growth with higher density that prevents various bone disease. However, the effect may vary with the intake of supplements.
Conclusion: The benefits of fish oil has been proved clinically as essential components in fighting many health disorders but for the patients it is very important to go for proper medical diagnosis before undergoing any such dietary treatment.